Information for students in exchange programs
Dear exchange students at the Harz University, Wernigerode,
the Studentenwerk Magdeburg extends a very warm welcome to your exchange studies. In collaboration with the Harz University International Office we offer rooms to exchange students in our student halls.
While applying for your exchange studies you can also apply for a place in a student hall. Then, you will be provided with a room in our student hall No. 5 (address: “At Finkenborn 5”). The student hall are located in a quiet detached house settlement. The student hall, each with about 60 residents, are located about 4 km from the university and about 2 km from the city centre. The two nearest shopping facilities are 800 m and 1 km away. You can reach the university very easily by bus in 15 minutes (by bicycle in 20 minutes or on foot in 45 minutes). The town centre is 2 km away. You can also reach it directly by bus. “Charlottenlust” bus stop is 300 meters away from the student halls. There are two regular bus routes:
To the university:
- Bus no. 204 in the Floßplatz direction: 15 minutes; exit at stop “Hochschule Harz”
- Bus no. 201 in the Floßplatz direction: 9/15/22 minutes; exit at stop “Hochschule Harz”
To the train station:
- Bus no. 204 in the Burgbreite direction: 8 minutes; exit at stop “Bahnhof”
- Bus no. 201 in the Floßplatz direction: 9 minutes: exit at stop “Bahnhof”
To the city centre:
- Bus no. 204 in the Burgbreite direction: 15 minutes; exit at stop “Rendevous”
- Bus no. 201 in the Floßplatz direction: 15 minutes; exit at stop “Rendevous”
The use of the Harz Transport Authority (HVB) public transport is free for all students within the semester ticket. Below is an overview of all routes you can use free of charge:
You will be accommodated in a fully equipped single room of approximately 12 m². The students live in so-called residential communities (RC) in groups of 3 – 4 persons sharing the kitchen and shower/toilet of the accommodation unit. It is quite common that male and female students live together in the residential communities. However, it is still possible to separate them by gender. You are responsible for cleaning your accommodation unit jointly with other residents. The monthly rent is € 203 and € 249. It includes the cost of electricity, water, heating, television and Internet connection. You are requested to pay a deposit of € 225 with the rent.
Each single room features:
- Bed with mattress, pillow and quilt
(if requested, bed linen set for fee)
- Bedside table + lamp, desk + lamp, chair
- Waste paper bin, wardrobe + clothes hanger, shelf
- Internet modem with connection cable
The shared bathroom features:
- Shower, toilet, washbasin, mirror, shelf
- Cleaning utensils (buckets, brooms)
The shared kitchen features:
- Stove (2-4 hotplates, no oven)
- Fridge with a small freezer
- Sinks, upper and lower cabinets
- Water heater
- Table, chairs, pin board
There are washing machines and dryers on the first floor of each dormitory. You can use them free of charge with your student ID. A load of laundry currently costs € 2.00, tumble-drying costs € 1.20.
Both student halls have courtyards featuring seating arrangements and parking facilities for bicycles. In addition, there is a separately enclosed bicycle shelter. A parking lot is also available. If you travel by car you can park it free of charge directly next to the student hall.
Upon arrival to Wernigerode you can address our student hall mentor in our student hall to clarify questions and solve problems on-site.
In addition, Steffi Bischof in the Wernigerode Counselling Centre is always pleased to assist you on-site.
Wenn Sie diesen externen Link anklicken, gelangen Sie auf Seiten, die personenbezogene Daten ins Ausland übertragen und auch dort speichern könnten.