Current information on restrictions due to the corona pandemic (as of May 29, 2021)
On this page we provide constantly updated information about special features and developments in connection with the measures to contain the spread of the coronavirus. Please note that the current situation is constantly changing and also note the current information on the website of the state government:
Please note the information on the website of your university:
- Information for students of the OVGU
- Information for HS MD-SDL students
- Information for students of HS Harz
- Information for students of THS Friedensau
- Up-to-date information from the Robert Koch Institute
Financial help and FAQs for studies & financial emergencies:
You will find a lot of current notes and information in the following documents:
- FAQs Corona and Studies – Comprehensive notes and information
- First steps in financial distress – a quick guide
The Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) is currently also providing bridging aid for students in emergency situations due to pandemics. More information is available here:
Have your BAföG claim checked and submit a BAföG application as soon as possible:
Changes in the counselling services of the Studentenwerk Magdeburg:
Due to the current situation, there are no personal consultation and service hours at any of the advice centers, with a few exceptions. Basic advice services from the Magdeburg Student Union are now also available via chat.
The teams in the Student Service Department are in place
- Monday and Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday to Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
by Live chat are available and are supported by selected employees from the specialist departments.
The contacts at the Office for Training Funding are still available to you by phone, post and email. Information on contact persons and office hours can be found here.
NEW: From May 25th, 2021 the Infopoint UniCampus personally staffed again from Monday to Friday from 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Changes in the day care center CampusKids and in the campus children’s room
From May 31st, 2021 we can switch to regular operations again! The day care center opens as usual from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., the children can be brought back to the day care center at the times specified in the contracts. However, the Infection Protection Act must still be observed, which means that we first make the openings with care.
The possibility of childcare through the campus children’s room cannot be offered at the moment. If you have any questions, please contact us: Mon – Fri 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Ms. Schmidt: 0391 / 67-42581 or by email: email@example.com
Restrictions in the canteens and cafeterias of the Studentenwerk Magdeburg:
The UniCampus Magdeburg cafeteria opens again from Wed., May 26, 2021 from Monday to Friday from 10:45 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Main courses, home-baked cakes and fresh coffee will initially only be offered to take away. Payment is only possible cashless using a chip card (student ID or ServiceCard). It is possible to top up or purchase new chip cards from May 25, 2021 in the UniCampus cafeteria at the InfoPoint on the upper floor. Within the cafeteria building, it is compulsory to wear medical mouth and nose protection. More information here.
All other catering facilities of the Studentenwerk Magdeburg have been closed since December 16, 2020 until further notice.
Contact options for residents in our dormitories:
Here, too, there will be no personal consultation hours until further notice. In addition to the chat, please use the following links or contact options:
- Online dormitory service: www.studentenwerk-magdeburg.de/wohnen/wohnheimservice
- Damage reports: www.studentenwerk-magdeburg.de/wohnen/schadensmeldung
- Telephone availability during office hours: www.studentenwerk-magdeburg.de/wohnen/ansprechpartner
- Contact for students looking for an apartment: Wohnung@Studentenwerk-magdeburg.de
- For change requests or questions about the application or contract:
- It is possible to top up student IDs or MensaCards for the use of the washing machines in the foyer of the UniCampus Mensa.
Offers in the InterKultiTreff, campus theater / learning café & creative workshops
The campus theater / learning café will remain closed until further notice. The creative workshops are currently not taking place.
Contact campus theater: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact IKT / IKUS: email@example.com