About coronavirus and current information
(As of December 15, 2020)
On this page we provide constantly updated information about special features and developments in connection with the measures to contain the spread of the coronavirus. Please note that the current situation is constantly changing and also note the current information on the website of the state government:
Please note the information on the website of your university:
- Information for students of the OVGU
- Information for HS MD-SDL students
- Information for students of HS Harz
- Information for students of THS Friedensau
- Up-to-date information from the Robert Koch Institute
FAQs & first aid Corona, studies & financial emergency situations:
You will find a lot of current notes and information constantly updated in the following documents:
- FAQs Corona and Studies – Comprehensive notes and information
- First steps in financial distress – a quick guide
The Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) is currently also providing bridging aid for students in a pandemic-related emergency until the end of the winter semester. More information is available here:
Changes in the counselling services of the Studentenwerk Magdeburg:
Due to the current situation, there are no personal consultation and service hours in any of the advice centers.
Basic advice services from the Studentenwerk Magdeburg are now also available via chat.
The teams in the StudentService department are are available until December 18, 2020 and again from January 11, 2021
- Monday and Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday to Thursday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
by Live chat are available and are supported by selected employees from the specialist departments.
The teams at the info points are also available until December 15, 2020 and again from January 11, 2021
- Monday to Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the UniCampus cafeteria
- Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Herrenkrug cafeteria
The contacts at the Office for Training Funding are still available to you by phone, post and email. Information on contact persons and office hours can be found here.
Changes in the day care center CampusKids and in the campus children’s room
Care in the day-care center will take place regularly until Tuesday, December 15, 2020. Emergency care will be provided from Wed., December 16, 2020 until further notice. There is a transition phase for the days from Wednesday, December 16, 2020 to Friday, December 18, 2020. All parents can take care of their children here, if there is no other arrangement within the family. We assume that parents with at least one parent at home during this time (home office, parental leave, vacation, etc.) will look after their children at home from December 16, 2020. From Monday, December 21, 2020, only children with one parent belonging to the so-called systemically relevant professional groups will be looked after. A certificate of employment will then be required for this.
The possibility of childcare through the campus children’s room cannot be offered at the moment. If you have any questions, please contact us: Mon – Fri 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Ms. Schmidt: 0391 / 67-42581 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Restrictions in the canteens and cafeterias of the Studentenwerk Magdeburg:
All gastronomic facilities of the Studentenwerk Magdeburg will be closed from December 16, 2020 until further notice.
Due to the pandemic situation, the following canteens and cafeterias will already have before December 16, 2020 closed :
- Canteen Kellercafé Zschokkestrasse Magdeburg
- Mensa Stendal
- Mensa Wernigerode
- Mensa DomCafete Halberstadt
- Cafeteria PIER 16 Magdeburg
Employees and students of Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg and the University of Magdeburg-Stendal can (subject to certain conditions) take a seat here until December 15, 2020 and enjoy their food – these facilities have open :
Please note the following:
- A minimum distance of 1.5 m from other people must be observed. Mouth and nose protection must be worn in the canteens. In the case of direct consumption, the face mask can of course be removed from the seat. On the way from the seat to the crockery return and on the way to the sanitary facilities or out of the building, it is mandatory to wear a face mask.
- Payment for meals is only made cashless with the cafeteria chip card / student ID for staff and students at the cash registers According to the containment ordinance, only students and university employees are currently allowed to be catered for in the cafeterias. Unfortunately, all other guests are not allowed to be served in the cafeterias.
- We ask you to use the charging station in the foyer of the canteens to top up the cards.
- You are currently not allowed to use your own take-away containers for meals and hot drinks in take-away sales.
- Tables and chairs may not be moved. The maximum number of people at the tables (2 people) must be observed.
- Adhere to the hygiene measures: wash your hands, follow the coughing and sneezing labels, avoid shaking hands.
- Use the disinfectant dispenser on site!
- Due to the requirements of the current SARS-CoV-2 containment ordinance, the seats are severely limited.
- Please refer to our homepage for opening times: Canteens & cafeterias
Contact options for residents in our dormitories:
Here, too, there will be no personal consultation hours until further notice. In addition to the chat, please use the following links or contact options:
- Online dormitory service: www.studentenwerk-magdeburg.de/wohnen/wohnheimservice
- Damage reports: www.studentenwerk-magdeburg.de/wohnen/schadensmeldung
- Telephone availability during office hours: www.studentenwerk-magdeburg.de/wohnen/ansprechpartner
- Contact for students looking for an apartment: Wohnung@Studentenwerk-magdeburg.de
- For change requests or questions about the application or contract:
- It is possible to top up student IDs or MensaCards to use the washing machines in the foyer of the UniCampus Mensa and the Herrenkrug Mensa.
Offers in the InterKultiTreff, campus theater / learning café & creative workshops
The campus theater / learning café will remain closed until further notice. The creative workshops are currently not taking place.
Contact campus theater: email@example.com
Contact IKT / IKUS: firstname.lastname@example.org