About coronavirus and current information (Updated: June 15, 2020)
(Diese Seite ist auch auf Deutsch verfügbar) On this page we keep you updated about special features and developments in connection with the measures to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
Please follow the instructions on the website of your university:
- Information for students of the OVGU
- Information for HS MD-SDL students
- Information for students of HS Harz
- Information for students of THS Friedensau
- Up-to-date information from the Robert Koch Institute
FAQs & First Aid Corona and study
You will find many current tips and information, constantly updated, in the following documents:
- FAQs Corona and Study – Extensive tips and information (only in german)
- First steps in financial emergencies – a quick guide (in german and english)
NEW: Bridging aid for students in financial emergency situations by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
The Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) is helping students who are demonstrably in a financial or economic emergency situation owing to the corona pandemic with allowances totalling 100 million euros. They are paid out via the student service organisations – the Studierenden- or Studentenwerk (STW).
Online application here: www.ueberbrueckungshilfe-studierende.de
The most important questions about bridging aid: FAQs für Studierende englisch
Note: You can apply for bridging aid online as of 16th of June 2020 on, from 12 a.m. onwards. However, for technical reasons, we will only be able to process and assess the applications and initiate payments after the 25th of June 2020. Please help us to quickly process all applications by refraining from inquiries at the student service organisations.
BMBF Bridging Aid Hotline: Tel.: 0800 26 23 003, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes in the counselling services of the Magdeburg Student Union:
Due to the current situation, personal consultation and service hours are no longer necessary in all counselling centres.
Basic counselling services of the Studentenwerk Magdeburg are now also offered via chat. The teams of the Infopoints are available from Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 17:00 via live chat and are supported by selected employees of the departments.
The chat is available at https://www.studentenwerk-magdeburg.de/chat/.
For reasons of data protection law, questions relating to particularly sensitive personal data – such as specific contractual relationships and funding cases – may not be answered via chat. In such cases, we will be happy to provide you with the names of the specific contact persons and telephone numbers. The contact persons in the Office for Educational Support will continue to be available to you by telephone, post and e-mail.
Restrictions in the facilities of the Studentenwerk Magdeburg:
From now on, guests of the Mensa UniCampus, Mensa Herrenkrug and Mensa Wernigerode can again take a seat in the building (subject to conditions) and enjoy their meals. In the cafeteria in Wernigerode, as well as in the Café Latte and Pier 16 on the Magdeburg UniCampus, we continue to offer a mobile food service for self-pickup. All other university catering facilities will remain closed until further notice.
Please understand that:
– a minimum distance of 1.5 m to other people must be maintained – access to the building only with a mouth and nose guard
– the payment of the meals exclusively with the Mensa chip card/student ID card cashless at the cash desks.
– no own take-away containers may be used for food and hot drinks in the out-of-home sales.
– we have to keep attendance lists of our customers according to official instructions.
– you will not find any gastronomic offer in buffet form.
All visitors of the Mensa UniCampus must observe the following conditions for direct consumption:
– In the refectories, a mouth and nose protector must be worn. When eating directly, the mouthguard can of course be taken off at the seat. It is compulsory to wear the mouthguard on the way from the seat to return dishes and on the way to the sanitary facilities or out of the building.
– Payment is only possible without cash using student ID, MensaCard or Bibo ID.
– Please use the recharging station in the foyer of the UniCampus cafeteria to recharge the cards.
– Keep a minimum distance of 1.50 m.
– Tables and chairs must not be moved. The maximum number of persons at the tables (5 or 10 persons) must be observed.
– Observe the hygiene measures: Wash your hands, observe the cough and sneeze label, avoid shaking hands.
– Use the disinfectant dispensers on site!
– Due to the requirements of the sixth SARS-CoV-2 containment regulation, seating is severely restricted.
– Every guest who chooses direct consumption is obliged to register. Guest registration can be done online via smartphone or in writing using a prepared form.
Please pay attention to the information on the notices on site and contact our staff if you have any questions.
Opening hours of the facilities in Magdeburg:
Mensa UniCampus: 10:45 – 14:00
Cafè Latte: 10:30 – 14:00
Pier 16: 08:00 – 14:30
Opening hours of the Wernigerode facilities:
Mensa Wernigerode: 11:30 – 13:30
Cafè au lait: 09:30 – 14:00
At the moment we have opened the InfoPoint of the Mensa UniCampus as follows:
Monday – Thursday between 11:00 – 13:30
KiTa CampusKids & CampusKinderzimmer
The Kindergarten will again offer limited regular operation from 02.06.2020. Information on regular operation can be found in the decree of the state government . If you have any questions, please contact us: Mo – Fr 9:00 – 12:00, Mrs Schmidt: 0391 / 67-42581 or by e-mail: email@example.com
Office for finances (BAFöG Office)
No personal consultation hours until further notice
The BAföG employees can be reached by telephone: Mon. and Thurs. 9.00 – 3.00 pm, Tues. 9.00 – 6.00 pm, Fri. 9.00 – 1.00 pm
No personal consultation hours until further notice.
Online dormitory service: https://www.studentenwerk-magdeburg.de/en/accommodation/dorm-service/
Damage notification: https://www.studentenwerk-magdeburg.de/en/accommodation/damage_notification/
Reachability by telephone during office hours: https://www.studentenwerk-magdeburg.de/en/accommodation/contact-persons/
Questions about housing in general/students looking for a flat or asking how to get a place in a hall of residence: Wohnung@Studentenwerk-magdeburg.de
For change requests or questions about the dormitory application or contract:
Program students: Vermietung2@studentenwerk-magdeburg.de (Mrs. Schmidt-Hlali – 0391 67-51550)
Other students: Vermietung1@studentenwerk-magdeburg.de (Ms. Koitsch – 0391 67-51549)
Campus theatre, learning café & creative workshops
No personal consultation hours until further notice.